Still, many organizations get overwhelmed by the challenges lying ahead. Those challenges mainly include incompatibility issues, security risks, lack of expertise, and governance & compliance issues. And to tackle those challenges, the demand for cloud consulting services has grown dramatically; the global cloud infrastructure services spending increased to $55 billion in Q1 2022
The cloud consulting market is projected to reach $22 billion by 2022. However, as important as technical capabilities are skills necessary to work effectively with your clients. Here are seven must-know best practices for cloud consultants
Top 7 Cloud Service Providers in 2022
1. Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud
One of the most popular cloud computing services is AWS Cloud. Amazon Web Services is a cloud service provider, which can be used independently. In addition, AWS can be used collectively for a broader experience. With a blend of AWS and Elastic Compute Cloud, users can create interactive solutions for their websites.
Since AWS shares the highest portion of the top cloud providers’ market share, it has come out as the number one global vendor for cloud services. It offers around 200+ IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS cloud services, including public and hybrid contributions. AWS Cloud also includes high-performance computing, containers, the IoT, edge computing, eCommerce, machine learning, VR/AR, and serverless computing. AWS has a presence in approximately 240 nations with over 80 accessibility zones.
- Easy sign-up process
- Scalability & Elasticity
- Simple learning curve
- Stability & trusted vendors
- It has several use cases, including cloud migration, cloud operations, content delivery, database migrations, analytics, edge computing, and front-end & mobile development.
- Users can also use AWS’s Elastic Compute Cloud if the organization is an enterprise, startup, or public sector.
- When it comes to setup, Elastic Compute Cloud is easy for beginners.
- The call patterns in AWS Lambda may seem complicated for some cloud users.
- Needs improvements in storing queries.
It encompasses different pricing solutions such as pay-as-you-go, pays less by using more, etc.
2. Microsoft Azure
A cloud computing platform and online portal, Microsoft Azure allows its users to access and manage cloud services and resources provided by Microsoft. It offers virtual machines and storage documents that are durable and highly available. It has scalable cloud storage and functional cloud servers. Microsoft Azure has many comprehensive services, which can be used for different needs.
- Unique storage system
- Enhanced existing IT system
- Strong support in Analytics
- IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service)
- It has a SQL database, which offers managed and SQL in the cloud application.
- It automates many repetitive tasks which means that the users can focus more on innovation rather than trying to maintain infrastructure.
- Due to its hybrid cloud services, it is easier to create cloud-based apps for web and mobile.
- Azure also allows integration of any framework, language, and tool.
- The virtual machine console access has some disadvantages and deficiencies.
- The ease of access is also a problem for some businesses.
- It would be better if there were more room for OS support.
- Speed is slow and can be an issue for some businesses.
- It has complicated pricing.
The pricing details differ depending on different scenarios. The cloud users can contact the sales and calculate pricing for their cloud offerings and cloud environment.
3. Google Cloud
Google Cloud enables users to unify data across your business with storage space. Put simply, it works in a straightforward and open way to help cloud users to bring their data together. Thanks to its smart analytics and database solutions, Google Cloud Platform is one of the most convenient cloud computing providers.
- Hosting: The Google Cloud platform offers two hosting options: the App Engine, their Platform-as-a-Service, and Computes Engine as an IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service).
- Containers: They are especially useful in a PaaS situation since they assist in reducing spending on deployment and scaling apps.
- Big Data: The Google Cloud Platform provides a full big data solution, and it has two unique tools for big data processing and analytics on Google Cloud Platform.
- It is a user-friendly cloud-based service with a straightforward interface.
- Its service offerings include smart analytics to have better insights into user’s data at any scale. Its AI also simplifies analytics for cloud users.
- Google Cloud is considered as a security-oriented cloud computing service. It gives the highest level of security since the importance of security level issues is essential.
- Google Cloud’s dependence on a third-party may not be ideal for some cloud users.
- The tutorials and help documentation of Google Cloud Platform need to be improved and updated.
- It’s pricing is comparatively higher.
The pricing of Google Cloud may differ depending on the different business models. For more information, users can contact the sales for detailed pricing information.
4. IBM Cloud
One of the most used cloud providers, IBM Cloud, mainly focuses on IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS services. It is among the innovators in the cloud space and offers public, multi-cloud, and hybrid clouds, which are intended to handle a variety of functions, such as storage, networking, AI/ML, blockchain, automation, containers, security, and even Quantum computing. IBM Cloud has 60 data centers operating worldwide.
- Excellent performance
- Ideal for I/O-intensive workloads
- Highly customizable
- Fast performance
- An open and managed cloud service provider, IBM Cloud provides cloud management and cloud migration.
- IBM cloud can easily integrate with many other platforms, making cloud computing functional.
- The data migration solutions can enhance your data integrity. Users can also increase the ROI of their businesses.
- It might be complex for beginners at first.
- The queries might run slow for some cloud users.
The pricing plans may differ according to different cloud services. Users can also check the IBM cloud cost estimator to calculate the pricing of a wide range of cloud technologies.
5. Oracle Cloud
A hybrid cloud service, Oracle Cloud is generally used by development teams and IT administrators. It offers a wide range of integrated public cloud services and apps, including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS on-premises cloud capabilities. It mainly focuses on services designed specifically for tasks such as SCM, EPM, ERP, marketing, and sales. It also supports Kubernetes, AI/ML, IoT, and other digital technologies.
- Security Assessment
- User Assessment
- Data Discovery
- Data Masking
- Activity Auditing
- It has a cloud backup and disaster recovery that makes the user’s cloud safe and easy to manage if errors occur.
- Easy migration of data for cloud users.
- Its FastConnect feature allows its users to build multi-cloud environments.
- Higher pricing.
- Customer support needs to be improved.
- It generally has various pricing plans starting from $0.0980 per hour.
To know more about the plans, it would be helpful to contact the sales team to learn more about the service pricing that fits business needs.
6. Alibaba Cloud
Alibaba Cloud is a cloud computing service which can be used independently. It is the best option if users prefer cloud computing services because it provides better security to web apps. The company has been leading in cloud computing and AI since 2009, and offers services to thousands of enterprises, government organizations, and developers in more than 200 countries and regions.
Moreover, it also offers hybrid cloud services as a cloud business. Being one of the most used cloud computing companies, Alibaba has diverse solutions that can fit users’ business needs.
- Persistent data storage
- Backup & restoration
- Multi-layer network security protection
- In-depth kernel optimization
- It helps users build an auto-scaling system and adjust compute capacity related to traffic functions.
- It is easy to migrate data from an on-premises store to Alibaba Cloud. Cloud users can migrate their eCommerce websites to public cloud providers.
- Its underlying infrastructure includes global virtual desktop infrastructure.
- New into the US cloud market.
- Some of the website tools such as online documentation and pricing calculator are not as advanced as some other cloud providers.
- There is also a potential compliance issue, since Alibaba is not an American company. Therefore, there is a risk of sensitive data leakage on servers entirely outside of the U.S. Or, the chances of completely losing the data are also high.
The developer plan starts from $19. The business plan starts from $100, and the enterprise plan starts from $8,000. A free trial is also available.
You have just gone through some critical cloud service providers in 2022. If a platform suits your organizational needs, you can reach out to them as per your needs. If you want to share your thoughts with us, comment below.
7. Cloud Solutions Supporting Sustainability
Now more than ever before, climate change has become a priority for organizations. This has led businesses to realize their carbon-footprint and urged them to create cloud solutions that factor in environmental sustainability. The uncertainty created by the pandemic has pushed organizations to think about the physical world and prosperity of future generations. Thus, moving towards incorporating sustainability in their business strategy, organizations are bringing in solutions that use Cloud, AI, that can help reduce their carbon footprint. The focus is building up on using IoT, AI, and data analytics to create resilient infrastructures and intelligent operations.
It is Just the Beginning for Cloud Computing
The development of cloud computing can be considered one of the biggest and most significant in every single industry. It has disrupted the way traditional businesses got conducted. Given the uncertain circumstances presented by the pandemic, enterprises are faced with the urgency to upgrade their operations and systems in a limited time. Furthermore, it has pushed organizations to rapidly adapt and transform digitally to maintain their advantage in existing or new markets. Therefore, in the coming years, organizations need to acknowledge their existing cloud technologies and strategize their businesses accordingly to maintain a competitive edge.
Have eye for detail
People who do well in cloud consulting have an eye for detail, love to solve problems and enjoy building new relationships.
- You need to be detail-oriented. If you can’t handle the small stuff, it’s not going to work.
- You need to be able to solve problems and troubleshoot problems quickly. You will get asked a lot of questions, so being able to come up with an answer right away is key.
- You need good communication skills that allow for building relationships with new people and vendors/partners in your industry as well as existing customers who may have been with your company for years, if not decades!
- Learning new things shouldn’t scare you-it should excite you! The more you know about different technologies and tools available today, the better equipped you will be when someone comes along with an idea they want to be implemented but aren’t sure how yet.